Saturday, August 9, 2014

first impressions: clinique make up & moisturiser


Clinique's SuperPrimer, Clinique Super Balanced Liquid Foundation in Beige Chiffon, and Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

I've been looking forward to doing a first impressions post with Clinique products, particularly their make up range. In the past few months I have tried both high end and drug store make up pieces, ranging from make up lines such as MAC, Napoleon Perdis, and Illamasqua, to Maybelline, Covergirl, and Revlon. And whilst I have loved brands like Illamasqua and have always felt its quality is worth the price tag, my biggest issue with everyday make up is that I want plenty of coverage and the closest colour match to my natural skin. 

I've found I've always been either matched too light and way too dark- I am naturally olive skinned but still lighter than the typical 'olive' undertones. I decided to go to Clinique and have them colour match me- I favour Clinique skin care products for my combination skin and it made sense to see if the good match extends to their make up range. I opted to try a primer and liquid foundation, (1 + 2) and was recommended for the dry skin I do get during winter the Moisture Surge moisturiser (3). 

So here are my first impressions:

1. SuperPrimer
The first thing I noticed about this creme primer is how light it is on my skin and how it changes the texture of my skin- it makes it so baby soft, and doesn't leave behind a glittery or shiny residue. It's absorbed in very quickly, and found it evens out my skin tone before I apply the foundation. It's more expensive than any other primer I have tried, but my skin doesn't feel greasy and it makes a difference to the rest of my make up.

2. Superbalanced Liquid Foundation
When I first tried this, it was for a typical work day- a simple look with natural eyes, nothing too heavy. The lightness of the colour took me a little by surprise because I'm used to being darker, but in the artificial indoor light and natural light, it's very close to my neck colour. I'm still experimenting with brushes and which ones to use, but the product blends well, and has enough coverage for my skin. I'm still experimenting with the right brush to use, but so far blending with my fingers has worked fine for me,

3. Moisture Surge 
Usually I'm not one to gravitate towards heavy moisturisers as they often leave my skin very greasy and like I'm walking around with a thick layer on my skin, but this Moisture Surge, whilst being quite dense, absorbs into the skin very quickly and stops the flaky appearance of skin around my nose. It's great for the cold winds in the morning and does more for my skin than I originally thought.

That's my first impressions of the Clinique make up and moisturise. I found that these products work very well and compliment my skin type and everyday requirements.


No comments :

Post a Comment