Monday, December 29, 2014

boxing day haul


Chi Chi Eyeshadow palette in 'Naturals',  Chi Chi Eyeshadow palette in 'Bronzes', OPI Nail Lacquer in 'Tickle My Francey', Essie Nail Lacquer in 'Limo-scene', & L'Oreal Nail Polish in 'Crystal Clear'

Being away on holiday certainly hasn't stopped me from grabbing some awesome make up pieces from Farmers, which is similar to a Myer or David Jones. They have brands like Maybelline, Chi Chi, Clinique, Napoleon Perdis, etc. I went to Farmers with my friend and man friend and we got a bunch of goodies.

Chi Chi Eyeshadow palettes in 'Naturals' and 'Bronzes'

The first ever eyeshadow palette I got was the Chi Chi 'Nudes' palette around two years ago; this was the first big step towards me learning how to do different make up looks and finding what I like in my own style and looks. Chi Chi, I found, have great duplicates for Urban Decay's Naked palettes. I really like Chi Chi, it's pretty affordable compared to other brands for the quality & quantity. Mind you, I have only used their eyeshadows, and not any of their other products, but I'd happily recommend Chi Chi to a friend wanting to start somewhere with make up without spending lots.

OPI Nail Lacquer in 'Tickle My Francey'

I have been waiting and waiting to get an OPI nail polish to try out, and these sales meant I got a little bit of a discount, and I really like this mauve/nude colour as a staple shade. I tend to wear more darker neutral colours and a dark neutral would be handy.

Essie Nail Lacquer in 'Limo-scene' & L'Oreal Nail Polish in 'Crystal Clear'

I've seen some really lovely pastels in the Essie collection, and wanted to try this really sweet pale pink colour. With my olive skin, I look really tanned when matched with any pale colour. And I've found the L'Oreal 'Crystal Clear' is a great top coat.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment