Monday, January 12, 2015

facing mecca


One of the most empowering things of my existence is going shopping - what's better? Going shopping with your best girl friend for make up and getting to try some new goodies, and walking away with some of them too!

I love going to Mecca Cosmetica, and I especially adore going there with someone who knows what's good (which is Clarissa btw) and worth to try. I loved going through and looking at all the new releases and trying products out. When I visited Mecca last time, I was wanting to get Smashbox's Brow 'Tech to Go' brow shadow pot, however they had sold out and I was wanting to get a higher end eyebrow product, as my current eyebrow shade is far too light for my natural brow colour. 

One of the lovely Mecca ladies tested out the Smashbox Brow 'Tech to Go' on my brows, and Clarissa said it was a great colour match and told me to go for it, which I did. I'm always filling in my eyebrows because I was not blessed with thick hair or a lot of hair in my brows, so the Smashbox Brow 'Tech to Go' will be perfect.

The second thing I tried out was the NARS Pressed Powder. I have never tried NARS before, and Clarissa has their concealer, and adores it so much, and I feel like NARS is a high end line and I really wanted to test out something simple to start off with. I swatched 'Desert' and it matched well. I liked how smooth the powder was, and that it's going to help with shine. One of my bigger concerns with powders and foundations is that they don't settle into my pores too much around my nose, and I liked that the powder was smooth yet not too fine that it would settle and make my pores super obvious.

The last thing I tried was Pharrell William's 'Girl' perfume, and oh my gosh it's amazing. It's a perfume that isn't really going to fit into like a 'floral' or 'fruity' category, it's got such a mix and smells amazing on skin. Clarissa and I both tried it and it smelt different on both of us, it's worth trying out.

Other things on my Mecca wishlist are the Dipytque Candle in 'Bailes' because it's a minimal classic, and the ghd Creative Curling Wand, because rose gold is my jam and I have dead straight, thin hair and mama needs some curls.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment