Sunday, April 26, 2015

when interior turns art


There's something ethereal and captivating about a well put together room.

Whether it's aligned through colour palette, theme, trinkets, or a peaceful feeling, interior design and home decor can completely change the tone of a room.

I'm a total sucker for beautiful interiors, especially anything that features white, glass, succulents, and elegant shapes. I am the kind of person who is a huge trinket collector - I love to pick up little treasures and objects from new places as memories to decorate my room; like an iron key from Larnach Castle when I visited Dunedin last year, a piece of quartz I spotted whilst standing at the base of the Franz Josef Glacier. 

I have a stack of beautiful magazines by my door, I have succulents growing by my window, I have my books lining my shelves, and my make up arranged on display. My interior is very important, and I love tending to it.

This weekend I added a few new pieces to the interior - a glass bell jar, a lamp, and a new decal for my laptop.


I love the simplicity of glass, white, and marble. In my bell jar, I have added my quartz pieces from the glacier as a feature piece on my bedside table.

In addition to this, I have also put together a number of my interior art favourites below. They feature items from Mecca Maxima, kikki.k, Target, and Kmart.




x

No comments :

Post a Comment