Sunday, March 27, 2016

unpacking and repacking



Life is funny in the way that it throws you a curveball. You become so engrained in your routine, in your every day, that when something totally unexpected lands in your lap, it takes you aback so strongly that you need a minute to blink a couple of times and react. 

I've always thought myself to be the kind of person who is very organised and driven. Someone who enjoys having control over the things I can control, and having a very clear idea of my goals and objectives. Recently, within my professional life, the landscapes have shifted, and I have been given a very big opportunity. One that is both exciting, and terrifying. This change with mean I will have to unpack and repack everything I know and everything I don't. Accept the things I cannot control & appreciate the things I can.

What's strange to me is that everything within the scope of my career, I have worked hard for. And I don't say this as a means to brag or come across as self righteous - as a creative, it comes with the territory to work hard, and stay humble. It's no secret that the hard workers often fly under the radar and enjoy the smallest slice of recognition without hogging a spotlight. However, when someone recognised the hard work and talent without prompting, and something amazing comes from it, it takes you back for a moment, to accept that you've been plucked from the lot and raised a little higher on the achievement ladder.

I feel a mixture of things - excitement, anxiety, uncertainty - and anticipation for a number of hard months ahead. It'll be hard work but worth the fight.

Here's to the fire that fuels the fight and burns the passion.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment