Thursday, February 26, 2015

feeling lush


LUSH is amazing. 

There is literally no other word for it.

Amazing. Delicious. Luxurious. It's everything you have ever wanted in a beauty brand and more.


I was fully immersed and converted to LUSH about a year ago, when me and my girl Clarissa went on a shopping trip and she was trying out all of the solid perfumes they had at the time in store. To be fair, LUSH has always been in the background for me - getting creams and moisturisers and gift packs have always seemed to be given to me as presents and they've been used, but I've never really been one to buy that kind of stuff for myself. I saw it as a luxury that I wouldn't use much of - I was never one for bubble baths, or face masks, or anything outside my normal day to day skin routine.

Needless to say I was shown the path to LUSH. And it's awesome.

I was shown heaps of cleansers, toners, creams, and other lovely things that I feel has changed how I view beauty products, and how they impact how I feel about myself. It's like an awesome smelling version of therapy - these products revealed to me how important it is to feel taken care of, by yourself. It showed me how taking some time out for yourself, and to pamper yourself, is so important to how you see and feel about you as an individual. And to know you're doing something that is ultimately good for your skin, your body, your self esteem, your confidence - no wonder it's such an addictive thing!

Rambling and emotional feelings about LUSH aside, they make some amazing products. They made me love doing face masks, taking long bubble baths, and overall, taking care of myself. I'm yet to find other brands that are as body positive, animal friendly, and socially responsible as LUSH. 

In time for Valentine's Day, I was on a mission to find the Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar. I had seen so many bloggers and vloggers and beauty gurus rave about unreal this bubble bar was, and I was so determined to find it, I even tweeted to LUSH, speaking of my desire for this cluster of scented stars and colours. They even tweeted me back, wishing me luck. I was blessed by the LUSH marketing intern/person on their Twitter. Surely I would be successful.

I went to three LUSH stores and stands in my area - one in my local shopping centre, and the other two in the city. Obviously everyone else had gotten the same thought, and pillaged the stores. Not to mention the recent obsession Tumblr has had with bath bombs, to the point that actual staff at LUSH stores had said that people had come in, buying bath bombs in bulk, to contribute their own gratuitous pictures of pretty colours and glitter in their baths.

I was devastated.

All I had wanted was this Unicorn Horn, so I could bathe in its magic and ultimately become a unicorn myself.

Okay, maybe quite that far, but the inner shopping goddess was determined to find it. I didn't lose hope.


Valentine's Day was now two days away, and whilst I wasn't wanting the Unicorn Horn for Valentine's Day specifically, I knew that once the holiday had been and gone, the bubble bar wasn't likely to be continued. I had come from an interview for work and I had been feeling so bummed out, that in spite of myself, I went into LUSH one last time.

The LUSH gods smiled down on me, as I saw a plate FULL of Unicorn Horns. I had to stop myself from taking the entire plate to the counter. I was thoughtful of others whom may want to be a Unicorn themselves, so I only took two for myself. I was so elated that I ended up staying in the store for another half an hour, and walked out with a fairly decent trove.


I came home with two Unicorn Horns, one pictured in the middle here, one Love Locket bath bomb,
and one Space Girl bath bomb. 

I had seen the Love Locket bath bomb in other LUSH reviews and it's such a decent size, it was worth the $5 I paid for it. It smells floral and sweet, and from what I have seen in reviews, makes your skin feel so soft. And Space Girl is just appealing to my inner 90's child, with its glitter and pattern.

These bath bombs have been in my room all wrapped up since I brought them home over a month ago, and my room smells amazing. I'm waiting for the right time to pamper myself and test out one of these bad boys.

If you haven't yet tried LUSH, you should.

x


No comments :

Post a Comment