Saturday, November 26, 2016

melbourne // brunswick street // fitzroy


I can say without a doubt that Melbourne is one of my favourites places to be. It's been over a year since I last visited, and it hasn't lost its appeal, no matter how times I visit.

I was only around for a short stay, and amidst all the mandatory shopping and eating (two words: Koko Black) so during my short stay I wanted to see as many new things as possible that I had not yet experienced in Melbourne.

The National Gallery of Victoria was my first stop - I attended a networking event whilst at university years ago at the NGV, and fell in love with the architecture and art, of course. My personal favourite exhibitions were the classic Renaissance and some of the pieces in the modern exhibitions.


A few days later I stumbled upon some amazing art in Fitzroy.



I decided then and there that I was going to move into this Gorman shop.


#iconic

Other than spending far too much money on make up, clothes, and food, Melbourne is such an invigorating and inspiring place. The little details make such an impact - like sea shells in the concrete poured onto the road under the tram line, the burst of colour poking out of buildings, the classic embellishments of old architecture, the cluttered arcades with niche cafes and amazing smells coming from them. 

Melbourne is amazing. Go and experience it.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment